Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stealing From My Livejournal Part XIII

As I use my livejournal for little else except for movie rants and decided to switch over here, I thought I'd recruit some older posts so as to show a history. I'll bother with new ones as they come to me.




From December 6, 2008:

"Note to multiplexes: People actually WANT to see prestigious films. Pay close attention to the limited release of Slumdog Millionaire, Milk, Frost/Nixon, and several other films with Oscar buzz. Note how much money they're making on a per-theatre average. So why are you showing crappy movies that are bound to do poorly instead of these?

And this is why I have to see most of the films at home, because there's a quality independent theatre there that shows prestigious films, unlike the multiplex I have access to here. What is really awesome is that last year that theatre also showed the Oscar nominated shorts (I saw the live action ones and they were awesome) and I hope it does it again this year. Of course, I'll have to travel home to see them, but jeezum crow, it's not like I have a lot of options here. Oh, should I see High School Musical 3 at 3:10 or 3:15? -eyeroll-"

No comments:

Post a Comment