Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stealing From My Livejournal Part VIII

As I use my livejournal for little else except for movie rants and decided to switch over here, I thought I'd recruit some older posts so as to show a history. I'll bother with new ones as they come to me.




From August 2, 2008:

"As in The Brothers Bloom. As in Rian Johnson's second film out in October following his debut directorial film, Brick, my personal favourite film. As in EXCELLENT.

I don't know how long ago the trailer came out, but it's out now, and I am super-psyched. I recommend that you go see the movie when it comes out. Rian Johnson is an excellent filmmaker and it seems like he's really aiming to get noticed this time, I mean, considering the step in casting. Before it was Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Nora Zehetner, relative unknowns, and now it's Adrien Brody, Rachel Weisz, Mark Ruffalo, and Rinko Kikuchi. Of course, I am basing this off of the single film he's released that I've seen, but Brick was an excellent film and The Brothers Bloom looks really good. His cousin, Nathan Johnson, is returning to score once again (which is excellent; I am in love with the Brick soundtrack). The budget is several times larger than it was last time (for Brick it was under 500k, now I hear Brothers Bloom is near 30 mil). And I'm hoping for a wider release because I wasn't able to see Brick in theatres; I rented and then bought it when it came out later.

There are likely to be lots of excellent movies in the fall, it's the season for Oscar hopefuls, but The Brothers Bloom is the only one I'm really psyched about at the moment.

Check out Rian's forum (he's actually a regular). - http://www.rcjohnso.com/forum/
Watch the trailer for The Brothers Bloom. - http://videos.movie-list.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8dad4d52d063967f0a70"

No comments:

Post a Comment