Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stealing From My Livejournal Part I

As I use my livejournal for little else except for movie rants and decided to switch over here, I thought I'd recruit some older posts so as to show a history. I'll bother with new ones as they come to me.




From January 14, 2008:

"I've seen loads more movies since last writing. Sweeney Todd was awesome and one of my favourites for last year. Juno was good, but I think it is overrated by some people a bit too eager to make indie so cool and popular. I like a lot of indie stuff, sure, and I was a big fan of Little Miss Sunshine, but I genuinely liked that film loads. Juno, I liked, I found funny, I found adorable, but it is not a masterpiece in the film world, it is not revolutionary, it's just good. I also saw Charlie Wilson's War (good; Philip Seymour Hoffman was perfect), In the Name of the King (terrible, buy funny in its awfulness), National Treasure 2 (okay, fun to watch), Elizabeth (good; ps: Daniel Craig is ugly), the Golden Compass (I thought it was good, but a bit disappointing that they did tone things down; I later read the book; oh and this is the only role I've seen Daniel Craig in that I approve of), Emma (they made her too unbitchy in the film version, also they screwed other parts up, overall amusing though and I liked the actor that did Knightley). I really want to see There Will Be Blood, and also want to see No Country For Old Men and Atonement before they leave theatres. I've got Elizabeth: The Golden Age, I'm Not There, Michael Clayton, and American Gangster on the Netflix Queue, waiting for their releases.

Man, I love film. I watched Flash Gordon for the first time in ages, hilarious. Way hilarious."

No comments:

Post a Comment