Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stealing From My Livejournal Part V

As I use my livejournal for little else except for movie rants and decided to switch over here, I thought I'd recruit some older posts so as to show a history. I'll bother with new ones as they come to me.



From June 16, 2008:

"GO SEE The Visitor. NOW. It is an excellent, excellent film. I was thrilled to see that this tiny independent film was actually doing pretty well in the box office.

DO NOT GO SEE You Don't Mess With the Zohan. EVER. The few funny moments in the film are not worth the money you will pay to see a film that it largely unfunny.

I'm surprised at the positive reception of The Incredible Hulk. I wasn't so sure even Edward Norton could revitalize a franchise that was craptastic first time around. I might actually go see it now. I also am awaiting our other superheroes of the summer, The Dark Knight and Hancock.

I also managed to finally see last year's Best Foreign Film at the Oscars: The Counterfeiters. It was also an excellent, excellent film. And the acting was incredible. Oh man, if you have access to this film, I recommend seeing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment