Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lookin' Back

Two hours into the new year, I wish to look back on my accomplishments of last year. On top of zillions of other movies, I have watched the following movies that have even the slightest chance of nabbing at the very least a technical Oscar:

(500) Days of Summer
2012
9
Avatar
The Blind Side
Bright Star
The Cat Piano
Coraline
The Damned United
District 9
An Education
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Hangover
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Informant!
Inglourious Basterds
Julia*
Julie & Julia
Partly Cloudy
Precious
The Princess and the Frog
Public Enemies
A Serious Man
Sherlock Holmes
Star Trek
Terminator Salvation
Up
Up in the Air
Watchmen
Where the Wild Things Are


Other movies released this year (well, in the US in some cases) that I saw:
12
17 Again (blame the plane)
Adventureland
Away We Go
The Brothers Bloom
The Class
Duplicity
Land of the Lost (wish I hadn't)
I Love You, Man
The Proposal
The Soloist
State of Play
The Twilight Saga: New Moon (also mostly wish I hadn't)


Tack on my Documentary class screenings plus outside of class watches necessary along with catching up on last year's award movies (watched Frozen River and Happy-Go-Lucky the day of the Oscars, actually), not to mention good old general viewing and a crapload of TV shows (beloved BSG included)... and this was a productive year, entertainment-wise. I hope to top myself in 2010!



*technically, I saw Julia in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment