Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lists. I Like 'Em.

Quick, useless-to-anyone-but-me updated To See list:


- The Lovely Bones
- Nine
- Avatar
- Invictus
- The Blind Side
- Amreeka
- An Education
- Sherlock Holmes
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- The Princess and the Frog
- The Road
- A Single Man
- The Messenger
- Up in the Air
- Crazy Heart
- The Last Station
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
- The Beaches of Agnes
- Food, Inc.
- Ponyo
- The Hurt Locker
- Every Little Step


That's manageable over winter break, right? I might weed some of these out. I actually don't really care about Leo Tolstoy, but I do love Helen Mirren hence wavering interest over The Last Station. Point is, some of these movies are on here because I like to see all the awards contenders I can. But, luckily, I have genuine interest in nearly all of these films anyway, so nyeh.

As for possible contenders seen: 2012, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Inglourious Basterds, A Serious Man, The Damned United, Up, Coraline, Precious, The Cat Piano, Partly Cloudy, Star Trek, District 9, Public Enemies, The Informant!, Where the Wild Things Are, Bright Star, Julie & Julia, (500) Days of Summer, The Hangover

No, I think it's hilarious too that The Hangover has submitted itself for Best Picture. But you want to know what's funnier? Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has as well. Just because there are ten best picture slots doesn't mean we have to revert to BAD block-busters to fill the spots. 'S why Star Trek has the fighting chance it does. I'll be surprised and pretty impressed if Star Trek ends up nominated, BTWs.

No comments:

Post a Comment