Friday, December 24, 2010

Nearing the End of 2010: List Update

The return of the lists!

We are now well into Oscarbait season and my thoughts can be pretty easily summed up in this comic here: http://multiplexcomic.com/strip/541. It's a time of good and bad movies and movies in-between. As such, it is also now time to account for the movies I have seen and the movies I plan to see. Here are my lists in all of their excitement:

Likely/Possible/Longshot Contenders I Have Seen:
- Alice in Wonderland (unfortunately)
- Black Swan
- Despicable Me
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Inception
- Love and Other Drugs
- Shrek Forever After (also unfortunately)
- The Social Network
- Shutter Island
- Tangled
- The Town
- Toy Story 3
- Tron: Legacy


Likely/Possible/Longshot Contenders I Plan to See/Might See:
- 127 Hours
- Animal Kingdom
- Another Year
- Blue Valentine
- Exit Through the Gift Shop
- The Fighter
- Get Low
- I Love You, Phillip Morris
- The Illusionist
- Inside Job
- The Kids Are All Right
- The King's Speech
- Made in Dagenham
- Never Let Me Go
- Rabbit Hole
- True Grit
- Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
- Waiting for "Superman"
- The Way Back
- Winter's Bone

...Well, that's a more even split than I expected. Obvs certain films, like I Love You Phillip Morris, are less likely to be major contenders, but I am too curious to not see that film for myself. Not sure when I can get my hands on Uncle Boonmee, but I am immensely curious about it. I know this probably isn't a good thing on my part, but I want to wait to rent 127 Hours because I am squeamish about things like arms getting chopped off and would rather avoid a big screen and intense theater experience for that. Also not sure when Another Year or The Way Back will make their way towards a theater near me, but I'll work it out.

I'd have liked to see The Social Network again, and I will before the awards season is over, but not in theaters. I'm sure I'll do some sort of massive movie update - I saw Tron on Tuesday, Black Swan on Wednesday, and Love and Other Drugs on Thursdays - soon, but as it is late Christmas Eve, I'll leave it at the lists for now.

Happy hols and awards season!

PS: Since there is so much yet to see, I likely will either not do a Best Of 2010 list or else it will come probably in 2011. Not that the world needs another Best Of list, so chances are I might forgo it all together and just write about the movies I've seen and liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment